Town Board Monthly Meeting Minutes 1/9/2019
Jan 10, 2019
TILDEN TOWN BOARD MONTHLY MEETING
Wednesday Jan. 9, 2019 @ 7:00 PM
Tilden Town Hall, 10790 100th Avenue, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
- Daniel Adams called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. beginning with the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Daniel Adams performed roll call: Daniel Adams – Present, Wayne Bowe – Present, and Daniel Reischel - Present
- Clerk Steven Plendl verified proper public notice was made by the Town Board. The meeting notice was published in the Chippewa Herald newspaper, posted on the Town’s website, at the Townhall, Town’s Recycling Center, Baier’s Bar, and Bresina’s Old Town Bar & Grill.
- Wayne Bowe made a motion to approve the minutes from the Dec. 12, 2018 meeting of the Town Board as written. Daniel Adams seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote with only ayes being heard.
- Mary Hartman gave the Treasurer’s Report, reviewing the checking and savings account balances information.
- Fire Chief David Goettl gave the Fire Department Report. The Fire Department responded to two auto accidents. It was a quite month. The TVFD could use more firemen and firewomen, especially younger volunteers. The TVFD responded to 60 calls in 2018.
- Vern Bowe gave the Highway Department/ Shop Maintenance Report. They are learning how to use the new plow truck. It has been out several times.
- Recycling Center Report was not given because Albert Goettl was not present.
- Frank Beaudette gave the Constable’s Report / Dog complaints. He reported all is going well.
- Steven Plendl gave the Clerk’s report: There were no new Building or Driveway Permits issued in the last month. No new bartender licenses were issued. The Townhall was rented twice in December and there is one rental in February. The Clerk reviewed outstanding bills owed to the Town. The Clerk’s and Treasurer’s accounts balance.
Discussion and possible action on:
The Tilden Town Board accepted Judy Roth’s letter resigning from the Tilden Plan Commission and the Tilden Preservation Study Committee. The Town of Tilden and the Town Board thank Judy Roth for her years of valued service to the community of Tilden. It was also noted that there are several openings on both committees that need to be filled. There was a discussion about how to find new people to serve on those committees.
Daniel Adams made a motion to grant Bartender Licenses to Haley K. Gingras and Nicole Leanne Baker. Daniel Reischel seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote with only ayes being heard.
Tilden’s Town Assessor, Prochnow Assessing, asked to schedule the Open Book on Friday, April 26th, 2019 from 11:30 a.m. till 1:30 p.m. and the Board of Review on Thursday, May 23rd, 2019 from 7 p.m. till 9 p.m. The Town Board asked the Clerk to contact the Assessor to see if the April meeting could take place either in the evening of that day or possibly on a Saturday to provide more opportunity for Tilden property owners to attend.
The Town Board discussed the letter received from Town Web Design about Tilden’s website. After reviewing several other possible web hosting companies’ ads, it was decided to stay with Town Web Design. Daniel Reischel made a motion to accept Town Web Designs proposal and to approve the entering into a three (3) year contract. Wayne Bowe seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote with only ayes being heard. It will cost $529.00 to upgrade the website and $415.00 per year for three years for Town Web Design to host it.
Daniel Adams made a motion to hire Bruce Web as a snowplow driver. Wayne Bowe seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote with only ayes being heard.
The Board discussed reimbursing up to ½ of Bruce Webb’s cost of obtaining a CDL. Daniel Adams made a motion for the Town of Tilden to reimburse Bruce Webb up to $200.00 of the cost of obtaining a CDL to drive snow plow for the Town of Tilden. Wayne Bowe seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote with only ayes being heard.
Reminder that the Caucus Date is Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019 @ 1 p.m.
Nominations for Election of the following Town Offices will be taken at that time: Chairperson, (2) Supervisors, Treasurer, Clerk and Constable.
Road Issues: Pot holes are starting show up. These will be temporarily fixed until they can be patched after the weather warms up in the spring. Bridge Aid maybe applied for after the Town Board reviews the Town roads in the spring.
During Public comments Steve Plendl asked about progress on signs in the Town Road right-of-way. Daniel Adams responded that everyone will need to remove their signs – if one does it, all will have to do it.
Daniel Adams made a motion to approve the vouchers and transfer funds to pay the bills. Daniel Reischel seconded the motion. Motion passed on voice vote with only ayes being heard.
The only announcement is the upcoming Caucus on Jan. 19,2019 @ 1 p.m. No items to be placed on upcoming agendas.
Daniel Adams set the date for next meeting as Feb. 13, 2019 @ 7 p.m.
Daniel Adams made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Wayne Bowe seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote with only ayes being heard. Meeting adjourned at 8:02 p.m.
Clerk Steven Plendl 715-529-7438
View all from: