TILDEN TOWN BOARD MONTHLY MEETING
Wednesday Dec. 12, 2018 @ 7:00 PM
Tilden Town Hall, 10790 100th Avenue, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
- Daniel Adams called the monthly meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. beginning with the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Daniel Adams did roll call of the Town Board; Daniel Adams – present, Wayne Bowe – present, Daniel Reischel - absent
- Clerk Steve Plendl verified that public notice of the meeting was published in the Chippewa Herald, posted on the Town’s website, outside the Townhall, at the Town’s Recycling Center, outside of Baier’s Bar and at Bresina’s Old Town Bar & Grill.
- Wayne Bowe made a motion to approve the minutes of the Monthly Town Board meeting on Nov. 14, 2018 and the PublicBudgetHearing, SpecialTownMeeting oftheElectorsof theTownofTilden, and the meeting of the Town of Tilden Board on Nov. 29, 2018 as written. Daniel Adams seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote with only ayes being heard.
- Mary Hartman gave the Treasurer’s Report.
- The Fire Department Report was given by Chief David Goettl who stated that there were several First Responder calls and three auto accidents.
- No one was present to give the Highway Department/ Shop Maintenance Report.
- Recycling Center Report was provided by Albert Goettl. He reported all is well.
- Constable’s Report and or Dog complaint report was given by Frank Beaudette and Daniel Adams. On Saturday Dec. 8, 2018 the Town Board was notified of a loose dog by Brian Carroll. Mr. Carroll has made numerous complaints about the dog barking, running-at-large and displaying menacing behavior in the past several months. Daniel Adams talked with the dog’s owner(s) Steve and Paul Williams. Together with the owner(s) it was decided that the next time this happens the dog will be destroyed. Brian Carroll objected to the destruction of the dog and would like another remedy to resolve the problem. The last option should be to destroy the dog. The Town Board will contact the Chippewa County Sherriff to confirm authority to follow through with destroying the dog if the incidents continue.
- Clerk’s report was provided by Steve Plendl. There were no building or driveway permits issued since the last Board Meeting. The Townhall was rented once in November and will be rented twice in December. The Clerk reviewed outstanding bills owed to the Town.
Discussion and possible action on:
1. No action was taken on the question: Would the Town of Tilden pay for ½ of a CDL license for a new snowplow driver?
2. No action was taken on hiring new snowplow drivers.
3. Daniel Adams made a motion to set the Caucus date as Jan. 19, 2019 at 1 p.m. Wayne Bowe seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote with only ayes being heard.
4. Road Issues:
a. The new culvert on 116th Street will have a “loose gravel” sign placed next to it.
b. The land fill is now in compliance with the WDNR requests
c. It has been noted that there are several business signs in the Town road’s right-of-way. The Town Board will talk to the sign owners’ who are in violation of the Tilden’s sign ordnance(s) and right-of-way.
d. Discussion about when to snowplow the roads.
5. Daniel Adams reviewed the outcomes of the budget and tax levy meetings held on Nov. 29, 2018 which included a Special Town Meeting of Electors. The town residents who attended the Special Town Meeting of Electors passed two resolutions unanimously that allows the Town Board to exceed the levy limit by $40,000.00 and approves the Town Board’s Proposed 2019 Budget. The biggest disappointment was that only 10 people attended the meeting to approve this for the whole Township.
6. No person made any public comment.
7. Daniel Adams made a motion to approve the vouchers and transferring funds for the paying of the bills. Wayne Bowe seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote with only ayes being heard.
8. Announcements & items to be placed on upcoming agendas:
a. The possible hiring of Bruce Webb as a snowplow driver for the Township
b. Reminder about the upcoming Jan. 19, 2019 Caucus date and 1 p.m. time.
9. The date for the next Monthly Town Board Meeting is Jan. 9, 2019 at 7 p.m.
10.Wayne Bowe made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Daniel Adams seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote. Meeting adjourned at 8 p.m.
Clerk Steven Plendl 715-529-7438