TILDEN TOWN BOARD MEETING
Wednesday Sept. 13, 2017 @7:00 PM
Tilden Town Hall, 10790 100th Avenue
· Called meeting to order by Daniel Adams at 7:03 p.m. and started with the Pledge of Allegiance
· Roll call/quorum – Daniel Adams, present – Daniel Reischel, present – Wayne Bowe, present
· Verification of public notice by Town Board – the Clerk reported that a notice was published in the Chippewa Herald and posted on Township’s website, at the Town Hall, Recycling center, Baier’s Bar, and Bresina’s Bar.
· Reading of Meeting minutes from Aug. 9, 2017 Town Board meeting. – Wayne Bowe made a motion to approve the meeting minutes from the Aug. 9, 2017 Town Board meeting. Seconded by Daniel Reischel. Voice vote taken, all responded aye, no nays. Motion passed.
· Treasurer’s Report was given by Mary Hartman. Mary provide the financial checking account and other account balance amounts. It was also noted that there are two households with unlicensed dogs – Gordon Hetchler and Roger Thornby / Susan Sullivan.
· Fire Department Report was given by Fire Chief David Goettl. He reported that it was quite in the Township, with two (2) first responder calls and one (1) mutual aid for a barn fire in Wheaton. There was a discussion about the use of mutual aid. The Fire Chief said that it would be discussed at the next Fire Chief’s Meeting. Mr. Goettl also said that he had applied for a grant to pay for one (1) set of firefighting turn-out gear.
· Highway Department/ Shop Maintenance Report was given by Francis Goettl. He reported that it was slow in the past month, mostly patrolling the roads. He also stated that he was beginning to plan for winter.
· Recycling Center Report was given by Albert Goettl. He reported that the recycling center was operating smoothly.
· Constable’s Report – there was no Constable’s Report given, Frank Beaudette was not present.
· Committee to purchase plow truck report. A bid was received and would be discussed by the committee after the meeting.
· Clerk’s report was given by Steve Plendl. Steve provided the C-Report to the Town Board showing that the Clerk’s and Treasurer’s accounts match and are in balance. The Town Chairman asked the clerk to check into the Flood Aid for 70th Street in February’s column on the C-Report. He also asked to check into the amounts of Bridge Aid received for 90th Street and 120th Avenue. A discussion about outstanding invoices for money owed to the Township for emergency services provided to people who had accidents within the Township took place. Letters were sent to all who are behind in paying. Two people responded, Jeff Brown paid in full $348.00, Austin Anderson’s insurance company requested more information about what was provided to him. The clerk will be sending to
collects collections (sbp 10/12/2017) three people who have had outstanding bills and have not responded to the latest letter. The three people are: Max J. Chapek - $544.00, Alexa Lynn Williams - $816.00, Troy T. Bowe - $964.00. The remaining people will receive a letter and invoice for their unpaid balances. The clerk provided an updated list of Liquor Operator (Bartender) Licenses along with a list of Picnic Liquor Licenses issued. Picnic Licenses were issued to the Trent Seible Scholarship Fund and the Rough Rider Snowmobile Club fund raising events. It was also noted the temporary / one-day Liquor Operator (Bartender) Licenses issued. A total of 12 driveway/building permits were issued during the month of August and the beginning of September. These included three (3) driveway permits, one (1) underground electrical permit, and eight (8) garage/home addition permits. No new home permits were issued. Due to the Town Hall being waxed Sept. 16-24, 2017 there were no rentals for September. Hall is rented on October 28, 2017.
Discussion and possible action on:
i. 90th Street, ¼ mile N County B was approved
ii. 90th street ¼ mile N of 120th Ave was approved
iii. 120th Ave ¼ mile east of 90th Street was approved
Clerk Steven Plendl 715-529-7438