Selected Town Board Minutes
Town Board Meeting Minutes 4/11/2018
Apr 16, 2018
TILDEN TOWN BOARD MONTHLY MEETING
Wednesday Apr. 11, 2018 @ 7:00 PM
Tilden Town Hall, 10790 100th Avenue, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
- Daniel Adams called the monthly meeting to order at 7:07 p.m. beginning with the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Daniel Adams did roll call of Board members; Daniel Adams – present, Daniel Reischel – present, and Wayne Bowe – present.
- The Town Clerk verified that proper public notice by Town Board was given. Posted at the Townhall, Town’s Recycling Center, Baier’s Bar, and Bresina’s Bar. Published in the newspaper and on the Town’s website.
- Daniel Reischel made a motion to approve the minutes of Mar. 14th, 2018 Town Board Meeting as written. Wayne Bowe seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote.
- The Treasurer’s Report was given by Mary Hartman.
- Fire Department Report was given by Fire Chief David Goettl. David G. reminded everyone that the TVFD’s Pancake Breakfast was coming up on April 28, 2018. David G. said that he had applied for an $800.00 grant from Dunn County Electric, which the Fire Department received. The grant money would be applied to a special nozzle for fighting fires.
- Highway Department/ Shop Maintenance Report was given by Vern Bowe. Vern B. said that they were busy putting up road signs and maintaining equipment.
- Recycling Center Report was given by Albert Goettl, who said everything was going well.
- Frank Beaudette gave the Constable’s Report. Frank B. said there was nothing to report.
- Steve Plendl gave the Clerk’s report: One shed building permits issued, Townhall was rented three (3) times since the last Town Meeting. The Clerk reviewed a list of who owes Tilden money. Almost all of the outstanding bills come from non-town residents who have had accidents that TVFD responded to. The Treasurer and Clerk’s books match and are in balance.
Discussion and possible action on:
Tim Swoboda answered questions about his CSM along County. Highway. B after which Daniel Adams made a motion to approve the CSM. Wayne Bowe seconded the motion. The motion passed on a voice vote.
Daniel Adams asked the Clerk if a background check was made in regards to the requested bartender license for Gabrielle Jackson. Steve P. said that there was nothing to indicate Gabrielle Jackson could not be issued a bartending license. Daniel Adams made a motion to grant Gabrielle Jackson a license to tend bar in the Town of Tilden. This was seconded by Daniel Reischel. Motion passed on a voice vote.
The Tilden Volunteer Fire Department applied for a Picnic Liquor License for the Pancake Breakfast on April 29, 2018. Daniel Adams made a motion to grant the TVFD a Picnic Liquor License for their Pancake Breakfast on April 29, 2018. Wayne Bowe seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote.
Xcel Energy will be running a natural gas line to Rooney Farms complex and asked if Resolution 2014-2 was still valid. After a short discussion the Town Board agreed that it still was. The Town Board made it clear that any digging in the Town’s right-of-way would still require a Utility permit before work begins.
Daniel Adams signed the County Roadside/Ditch cleanup participation form.
The Town Board discussed WTA membership. They all agreed that it was well worth being a member of the Wisconsin Town’s Association. Wayne Bowe made a motion to pay the WTA membership dues. Daniel Reischel seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote.
In a related item the Clerk asked to purchase the newest edition of the “Wisconsin Town Officers’ Handbook”. Daniel Adams made a motion to have the Clerk purchase a copy of “Wisconsin Town Officers’ Handbook”. This was seconded by Daniel Reischel. Passed on a voice vote.
Spring road bans remain in effect.
Date for Town Board’s Annual Review of the Town’s Roads is April 19, 2018 at 10 a.m. starting at the Townhall and moving to review all of the Town’s roads.
Road bid(s) for 90th St.
i. A motion was made by Daniel Adams to place an ad in the Chippewa Herald newspaper that reads:
Notice is hereby given that the Town of Tilden will accept bids for asphalt paving, shouldering, and road painting of 90th Street starting at County Highway B, running north to 120th Avenue for an approximate length of 4950 feet, also ¼ mile east of 90th Street on 120th Avenue include a 20 foot wide by 50 foot long patch. Town of Tilden, Chippewa County. Bids shall include the cost for paving. The blacktop paved with 58-28 hot mix asphalt (12.5 mm) to an average compacted thickness of 2.5 inches and a width of 20 feet. All mailboxes and driveways shall be winged out with asphalt as necessary – paved driveways to be sawn or milled. Road shoulders shall be 2-foot-wide using .75 inch graded dense base gravel – compacted and swept. Road work shall include painting of the center lines and shoulder lines on the road. Quote price per ton, tonnage, and total cost. Contractors must comply with all State and Federal Air and Water Quality Standards. All contractors are responsible for traffic control during their project. Questions call Daniel Reischel 715-933-0976. Send all bids to Town of Tilden - Paving Bid, 12193 120th Avenue, Chippewa Falls, WI. 54729. All bids must be received by the evening of May 9, 2018 at 7:00 p.m., the beginning of the regular town board meeting. Bids will be opened at that time. The town board reserves the right to reject any or all bids and accept the bids most advantageous to the town. Completion date of project shall be negotiated at time of contract awards.
The motion was seconded by Wayne Bowe. The motion passed on a voice vote.
The Clerk asked a question about Bridge Aid for 116th Street. The bridge aid form said 115th Street, but the bridge is on 116th Street. County indicated that they knew which bridge the Bridge Aid was for and that there would be no problem.
Daniel Adams is working on a resolution in support of Roundabout at the intersection of Cty. Hwy.’s S & Q. Daniel A. also mentioned a meeting about the Roundabout to be held on April 18, 2018. It would start at 5:30 p.m. and will be at the County Highway Department’s building in Chippewa Falls.
Any road in the town discussion brought up the pot hole on 129th Street.
Daniel Adams reminded the public about:
The Annual Meeting of the Town’s People – April 17, 2018 @ 7:00 p.m. Daniel Adams said that he would bring up salary increases for the Town’s workers and elected government officials and to continue the discussion about increasing the property tax levy. Daniel A. also noted that people who attend the meeting may bring up other items as they see fit.
Open Book will take place on April 24, 2018 from 2-4 p.m.
Board of Review is happening on May 24, 2018 from 7 to 9 p.m.
Annual Report was available to those in attendance. The Clerk indicated that there were some parts still being worked on and that it would be completed by the Annual Meeting of the Town’s People.
The only public comment was a question from Mr. Paulson about the time for the County’s meeting on the Q and S Roundabout.
Daniel Adams made a motion to approving the vouchers and transferring funds for the paying of the bills.
These requested items will be placed on next month’s agenda:
Bids for 90th Street paving
Proposal for crack sealing
i. 128th Avenue & 115th Street ($15,000.00)
ii. 115th Street & 123rd Street ($10,000.00)
iii. 100th Avenue ($8,500.00)
The next meeting date is May 9, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
– Wayne Bowe made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Motion was seconded by Daniel Reischel. Motion passed on a voice vote. Meeting adjourned at 8:48 p.m.
Clerk Steven Plendl 715-529-7438
View all from: