Selected Town Board Minutes
Town Board Meeting 3/14/2018 Minutes
Mar 15, 2018
TILDEN TOWN BOARD MEETING with TILDEN FIRE DEPT.Minutes
Wednesday Mar. 14, 2018
Tilden Town Hall, 10790 100th Avenue, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
- Review of the Tilden Volunteer Fire Department’s financial activities started at 6:45 p.m. and ended at 6:55 p.m. David Goettl, TVFD Fire Chief, discussed the past year’s checkbook deposits and withdrawals. The Town Board asked several questions about why certain items were paid using the checkbook. David G. replied that it is sometimes necessary to pay for certain things up-front rather than later. The Town Board was satisfied with the review.
TILDEN TOWN BOARD MARCH 14TH, 2018 MEETING
- The Monthly Town Board Meeting followed the meeting with the TVFD and was called to order at 7 p.m. beginning with the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Daniel Adams called roll: Wayne Bowe – present, Daniel Reischel – Present, Daniel Adams – present.
- Treasurer’s Report was given by the Clerk.
- The Clerk verified that proper public notice was made by the Town Board. Notices were posted in front of the Town Hall, at Baier’s Bar, Bresina’s Bar, and at the Town’s Recycling Center. It was also noticed on the Town’s webpage and published in the Chippewa Herald. Daniel Reischel asked that in the future that the Clerk clearly identify who is speaking when it comes to Daniel Adams or Daniel Reischel. Wayne Bowe made a motion to accept the minutes from the Feb. 14, 2018 Town Board Meeting as written. Daniel Reischel seconded motion. Motion passed on voice vote.
- Fire Department Report was given by David Goettl. The TVFD responded to a two-car accident in the Township. Other than that, there were no other calls. The Town Board reviewed the TVFD books earlier and found them in order.
- Highway Department/ Shop Maintenance Report was given by Vern Bowe and Francis Goettl. Weight limit signs will be going up Friday (March 16, 2018) and will take effect on Saturday (March 17, 2018) morning. Nothing else much to report.
- Recycling Center Report was given by Albert Goettl. He stated that everything was going well.
- Constable’s Report was given by Frank Beaudette. There was one loose dog reported, which was taken care of.
- Clerk’s report was given by Steve Plendl. The Clerk reported one interior electrical permit and seven agricultural building permits issued since the last Board meeting. The Town Hall was rented three times since the last meeting. The Clerk presented a list of outstanding bills owed to the Town of Tilden. Most past due billing is for TVFD responding to automobile accidents within the Township and is to people who do not reside within the Township. Clerk has setup with the State of Wisconsin a collection account but still needs some information about those who have overdue bills with the Town. The Clerk is working on this as time permits. The Treasure’s and Clerk’s accounts are reconciled to each other. One bartender license was revoked when it was discovered the person who held the license was a convicted felon. The Clerk is responsible for checking this before the Town Board approves issuing the bartender license. The Clerk made a mistake.
Brian Kelley, Chippewa County Highway Commissioner, presented the services available through Chippewa County’s Highway Department. Mr. Kelley asked the Town Board for a resolution endorsing a roundabout at the intersection of County Hwy. Q and S, to help when applying for State funding for this project.
Use of 2% Fire Dues was discussed. David Goettl provided a list of approved uses of the 2% Fire Dues. The list was from the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professionial Services.
A motion was made by Daniel Adams to hold the Annual Town Meeting on April 17th, 2018 at 7 p.m. Wayne Bowe seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote. It was noted that Town Residents can request items to be placed on the agenda for this meeting by contacting the Clerk.
County recycle grant was applied for through the Town Clerk’s office.
County Roadside/Ditch cleanup participation was discussed with the Tilden Highway Department. Daniel Adams made a motion to participate in the County’s Roadside/Ditch cleanup program. Wayne Bowe seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote. Letter of intent to be signed at the next Town Board Meeting.
Township road bans / weight limits will start Saturday morning, March 17, 2018.
Bridge Aid 100th Ave & 116th St. has been applied for and approved. The Clerk is asked to clarify that the location is 116th St. and not 115th St. with the County.
Wayne Bowe made a motion to enter into a contract with Wellner’s Mowing service to cut brush and mow the ditches in the Town. Daniel Reischel seconded the motion. Motion passed on voice vote.
Discussion about road classification changing from A to B class road as a way to address limiting weight of vehicles on those roads. No action taken, just a discussion about the effect of changing a road’s classification.
Any road in the Town. On March 7th, 2018 a noticed meeting was held with the Chippewa County Highway Department about 113th Avenue. The County is preparing to replace several culverts along Highway Q. One of these culverts crosses from West side of Q (in front of the School) to the East side (on the South side of 113th Avenue), coming out in a ditch alongside 113th Avenue. Chippewa County is willing to replace the culvert that crosses there to allow water to drain across Q and down to the creek. Doing this work will require ditch work along 113th Avenue and landscaping on the West side of Q. The Township is looking into the road right-of-way along 113th Avenue to see what is possible.
The Town Board reminds people of the Open Book Meeting on April 24, 2018 from 2-4 p.m. and the Board of Review May 24, 2018 from 7 to 9 p.m.
Jamie Carroll – Dog issues
Jackie Boos – Levy increase meeting date
Daniel Adams made a motion to approve the vouchers and transferring funds for the paying of the Town’s bills. Daniel Reischel seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote.
Announcements & items to be placed on upcoming agendas:
Roundabout endorsement resolution
Dish Network LLC delinquent personal property tax
Discussion and possible action on placing an ad for paving 90th Street.
The next Town Board Monthly Meeting date is April 11th, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Wayne Bowe made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Daniel Reischel seconded the motion. Motion passed on a voice vote. Meeting adjourned at 8:04 p.m.
Clerk Steven Plendl 715-529-7438
View all from: